Saturday, February 27, 2010

Being Fully Present in Every Moment

"Lost, yesterday, somewhere between sunrise and sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty diamond minutes. No reward is offered for they are gone forever." -- Horace Mann

One of life's bottom lines is that we only have the present to use for our living. We have been trained in our schooling to think of time as existing in the present, the past, and the future. Our past is gone. Our future will come from today's right now moments.

Can you see that all we have is our present moments? It is our present moments that have created our past. It is our present moments that will be creating our future.

What can we do to maximize our present moments? Would you think that grumbling and complaining to our best friend would be a great use of our present moment? What would you say about someone who lives in constant worry and fear about the future? I don't think it is the best use of our present moment.

Try this idea on for size: what if you set out to create wonderful stories for your past by injecting all the fun and adventure, love and joy, success and profitability you could inject into your present moments? What if you decided to do that with complete focus, attention, and intention? Would your life change? I think it would change a lot. And you know I am dedicated to Be the Change, so this would be something I would completely support.

This is the way I live my life. I work to maximize every moment. I am mindful of what I am thinking and doing every waking moment. I have set a path of intention for myself and my daily doings. I relax into the joy of my work and I find a wonderful sense of fulfillment knowing that I am creating a wonderful past (passed) for myself. I am very aware that with this fruitful habit in place, my happy future is also assured.

I know that many things will drop away from your life if you will focus fully in the present. You won't be tempted to overeat; you won't worry about finances; you won't wonder if you are good enough; you won't experience depression. You will know that you are giving your all. No one could expect more of himself or herself than to give all you've got into your present moment.

Today's right now moment is all you've got to work with. Ask yourself "Am I doing my best?" Cherish the present and your life will become a richer, fuller, happier experience. This is conscious consciousness of your moment and it is my wish for you today.

"If, before going to bed every night, you will tear a page from the calendar, and remark, 'there goes another day of my life, never to return,' you will become time conscious." -- A. B. Zu Tavern

No comments:

Post a Comment